Genetic Destination

Home Genetic Destination

I don't know much about published work on this issue. I do know that many would claim that a person is likely to carry certain traits if these are inherited. It has recently even been claimed that certain chromosomes are associated with homosexuality.

However, the point I usually stress is subtly different. I have had the argument of whether specific people are not drawn to mathematical and scientific subjects because of genetic attributes. I think that education is one issue that is unrelated to hormonal balance and physical appearance. Hence, a person is destined to occupy himself/herself with a subject that corresponds best to the education given, e.g. a child exposed to jigsaw puzzles and Lego may choose to be an engineer or a mechanic. None of us people (that is one I claim) can blame DNA for our vocation.

NB - I have been drinking a lot tonight, so I would not be surprised if some of what I had said turned out to be gibberish.

GIF image