Technology

Earlier today you expressed your excitement from the use of DVD. In the past hour or so I have had an excitement of a different kind.

The advancement of the features offered for mobile computers (devices if you prefer) is amazing. I can now use my Palm to fetch any web page including my own web site with all its links. In the past I only was able to subscribe to specific channels aimed at providing a particular service e.g. news and weather. I should soon be able to automate much of the E-mail composition process I hope. At present I need to copy and paste a message before sending it.

I was never carried away by the growing demand for DVD players and media. It is not yet as commonplace as other forms of media distribution (and to tell you my humble opinion, I think a superior storage method will sweep the market at same point in this decade). Nonetheless, it is far more versatile than previous contenders. The main reasons my father and I did not endorse buying a DVD player for the house were:

  a.. It is not yet easily recordable.
  b.. The picture and sound quality are not superior enough to justify the additional expense.
  c.. We already have about 5-6 VCR's at home
  d.. Films are not of great interest to us

Don't ask me how we have actually managed to keep my mother from buying a DVD Player. It was darn difficult and the last word has not yet been said!

--
 __/ Roy Schestowitz \______\______\____

GIF image