Market Indicator

      Roy Schestowitz

I am not very familiar with commodities and interest rates, yet I know more than most people. The price of gold, as you must have realised by now, has sunk to a new low, but I will not consider this a chance of acquiring cheap gold. My father used to talk very positively about the worth of gold and the fact that unlike corporations, it strongly retains its value.

Oil is another issue that can affect some of the obvious market leaders, e.g. GE, Texaco and so forth. I don't think the war will make it any cheaper though.

Interest is not enough of a factor to determine the state of the market. The main reasons the markets struggle to recover is the loss of investor's confidence. There is a broad sense of distrust and repulsion (c/f WorldCom) and nobody is willing to be putting the money in as long as nobody else does. Think of it as the diver who is unwilling to drop off the boat into the water until one of his mates goes down to confirm that no sharks are lurking around.

--
 __/ Roy Schestowitz \______\______\____

GIF image