More on Tuna

Home More on Tuna

The tuna that I eat is usually not of a well-known brand. It is usually from South America or Africa. Your research onto the full nutritional values are very valuable to me. I never quite realised that tuna is saturated in Cholesterol. However, you may already know that in the absence of saturates, cholesterol does not clog the coronary veins as easily. I think it is to do with the body's ability to break down cholesterol more efficiently under these conditions. I read it somewhere in the past.

I do not mix tuna with Mayonnaise anymore, neither do I add any salt. In fact, there is no salt at all in the tuna I eat despite the fact is it labelled 'tuna in brine' in most cases. There are some horrible exceptions that I make though. I eat a fair amount of toast with mature cheddar and this raises the cholesterol and saturates levels in my blood. Try eating plain tuna with broccoli and carrots and you will see why it is inevitably so.

GIF image