Re: The Aging Process in Florida

  • To: <harveyt@prodigy.net>
  • Subject: Re: The Aging Process in Florida
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <sch@danielsorogon.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:23:50 +0100
Your last few lines made me laugh. Brilliant!

Your E-mail led me to doing some thinking this morning. I have come to
realise that I have good genes to ensure a high life expectancy.

On my mother's side, I have a grandmother who is about 85 and her younger
sister is alive and in good condition. My grandfather Sammy died after
having Parkinson's disease which was due to his poor diet. He was in tip-top
shape beforehand and his brother's (just to make sure you remember, that's
Eli) looks are evidence of slow aging.

On my father's side, I lost a grandmother to lung cancer. She was always,
however, a symbol of a strong healthy woman. Her mother lived to be around
95 if I recall correctly and her sister is alive and well. I presume you
have seen both Schimon and Avner by now, both are about 80. They are in good
shape and enjoy life very much.

Overall, my point is that you made me realise something valuable. So thank
you!

   Roy Schestowitz

   Imaging Science and Biomedical Engineering
   Stopford Building, University of Manchester
   Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
   Telephone: +44 (0) 161 275 5570
   Facsimile: +44 (0) 161 275 5145

   Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building
   University of Manchester, Oxford Road