RE: Parody of Best Campaign Quote

  • To: "Roy Schestowitz" <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Subject: RE: Parody of Best Campaign Quote
  • From: "Harvey Tobkes" <harveyt@prodigy.net>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:05:41 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:06:10 +0000
If the electoral vote count is decidedly in favor of one of the candidates,
then computer generated predictions of the winner will probably start coming
in at around 11 PM bit tomorrow night. On the other hand, because of the
success of Bush in the closely contested 2000 elections, lawyers may again
become the major players, if the final results are very close. Gore's legal
representatives almost were able to overturn the results and declare a
victory because Florida had a huge problem with the vote count, (many votes
were disqualified because the antiquated punch cards did not properly show
the voter's choice); Of 50 states, Florida has 27 electoral votes out of a
total 537 so you can see that 270 votes are needed to win.

The latest tally shows solid for Bush, 181;  solid for Kerry, 168;
Undecided, 189.