Re: [wp-hackers] Turning off search's auto-forwarding?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Seeing that blank box with the button next to it makes the page look
more professional. The truth is: nobody uses it and it takes up a decent
amount of memory.

I think there should be an option for disabling it. WordPress has few
options as too how light/heavy the page should be.

Well, I personally love the search box, and the auto-forwarding, and use them both a lot (particularly on my site, I have to admit, as a shortcut to older posts).

I do agree that we could have an option to disable it -- botoh, is it going to be used enough to justify YAPS (Yet Another Preference Setting) in wp?

Steph aka bunny (temporarily vertical)
--
http://climbtothestars.org/