GIMP versus Photoshop

  • To: r@schestowitz.com
  • Subject: GIMP versus Photoshop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:49:38 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:50:17 +0000
Re:K-POW (Score:1)
by schestowitz (843559) on Saturday January 22, @03:13PM (#11441129)
(http://schestowitz.com/)
GIMP kicks Photoshop's ass... or so I thought until I found
http://www.humandescent.com/.
--
Roy Schestowitz, schestowitz.com [schestowitz.com]

Re:K-POW (Score:3, Offtopic)
by SharpFang (651121) Alter Relationship on Saturday January 22, @03:38PM
(#11441233)
(http://sharpy.xox.pl/ | Last Journal: Monday January 03, @03:04AM)
Gimp doesn't kick Photoshop ass. Gimp is a decent substitute.
Given choice, get a raise or have commercially licensed Photoshop installed at
your workplace (not essential but useful), what would you choose?
I choose the raise and Gimp.

Re:K-POW (Score:1)
by schestowitz (843559) on Saturday January 22, @03:43PM (#11441254)
(http://schestowitz.com/)
Yes, but I used JASC Paintshop and Adobe PS for several years. GIMP appears to
be more convenient tool has the power of scripting. I could use Photoshop (I
have it installed in fact, as well as CorelDraw), but it ain't worth the 2
minutes of reboot to get to the Window$ partition.
--
Roy Schestowitz, schestowitz.com [schestowitz.com]

GIMP kicks Photoshop... (Score:5, Interesting)
by nurb432 (527695) Alter Relationship on Saturday January 22, @04:06PM
(#11441373)
(http://slashdot.org/~nurb432/ | Last Journal: Friday August 27, @08:24PM)
Until you wake up and have to do graphics for a *living*.. Not just simple
hobby stuff at home.

Don't get me wrong, GIMP can do nice things, but it does not replace photoshop
for professional production work.

Will it someday ? Who knows.. just not today.
--
------ What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not
be infringed" do you not understand ----

Re:K-POW (Score:0)
by Anonymous Coward on Sunday January 23, @12:19AM (#11444679)
GIMP kicks Photoshop's ass... or so I thought until I found
http://www.humandescent.com/.

Holy shit, dude. Tonight's dreams will be interesting, to say the least.

GIMP kicks Photoshop's ass? (Score:0)
by Anonymous Coward on Saturday January 22, @05:00PM (#11441635)
Roy, my dear boy.

Judging from the horrifc, bastard, eye-squeezing graphics on your website, I
shouldn't think you're in any position to judge what Photoshop can or cannot
do.