Re: Missing dat in Date Book

  • To: kevinmwade@hotmail.com
  • Subject: Re: Missing dat in Date Book
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 04:41:07 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 04:41:28 +0000

I think I see what you mean now. I hope you will not mind me making this reply
public (so that it can help others too). Let me know if you do mind.

If you had data that is months old, it is highly unlikely that Palm will keep
it 'alive'. Datebook is not designed to be a diary, but a planner rather.
There is an option you can access from Databook->Preferences (on the PDA, not
Palm Desktop) which specifies how old an event has to be in order for it to
be automatically removed and moved to the ARCHIVE! You can find all the
missing data in your .dat or .dba (Date(B)ook Archive) files. I think it's
the latter type and it can be found under
/<installation_dir/Palm/<your_username>/Datebook. It all comes with a few
exceptions, but perhaps you will be lucky.

If it doesn't help, let me know and I'll gladly give more detailed
explanations.

Roy

- --
Roy Schestowitz