RE: Need help about GUI (Beginner)

  • To: "#BEKTI HARSONO#" <bektiharsono@pmail.ntu.edu.sg>
  • Subject: RE: Need help about GUI (Beginner)
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:45:00 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:45:01 +0000
Okay, it took me a second to realise what you needed. You want to
restore settings from the previous session -- those of user input.

What you need to do is save these to a file and load them at the start.
I have done something similar before, but to simplify things, I had a
few callback functions which changed buttons, menus, etc. I called them
'schemes'. Think about making a menu entry or a button with a callback
that, for example:

-Sets all the buttons to value '1'.

-Clears all the checkboxes.

-Does a combination of things as in the following code from:

http://www.schestowitz.com/Research/AART_Code/Open_Source_1_5_5/Source/Callbacks/register.m

Do a search for 'scheme' and you'll find the type of functions I'm
talking about...

I hope it helps,

> Dear Mr Roy,
>
> thanks for your advise all along. I need again your valuable suggestion.
>
> could you give me idea on how to save the last input user in the GUI?
>
> so that we will be able to see the last input by the user whenever we
open the model of the simulink.