Re: Computer Question

  • To: harveyt@prodigy.net
  • Subject: Re: Computer Question
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:19:19 +0000
Harvey Tobkes wrote:
*About 6 months ago, my computer stopped being able to do a “Thorough Scan” in ScanDisk. *

Can you still tick that option in scandisk before you start.

*Also, if I try to do a Derfag, there is a problem. If I check the box, “Rearrange Program Files so that my Programs start faster,” the Defrag will not move off 0%.*

Sounds familiar. Run it in 'safe mode' maybe? I think F8 when you start your computer will give you that option. Ask me further question if you are not sure.

*Is there anything I can try to get things back to normal?*

I have to run safe mode to run scandisk on my computer. Try it.

*Do I need to worry about this or just forget it?*

No, no, no. You can forget about it, especially the 'defrag part'.

*Blog question. Was it you that added the dash between the _55—decibel in the article_, “Good News?” I tried to put that dash in, but it screwed up the line, so I gave up.*

I'll have a look soon... I reconstructed the pieces before you sent me the back-up. I might have screwed something up...

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com