Re: does not make sense

  • To: "Harvey" <harveytobkes@bellsouth.net>
  • Subject: Re: does not make sense
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 02:52:11 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 02:52:01 +0000
On Wednesday 09 March 2005 17:12, you wrote:
> I have a computer problem that does not make sense. I have  Favorites,
> (arranged alphabetically) and when I scroll down to the R's I get an error
> message. All Favorites stored above that point work fine. I suspect the
> culprit is titled, R*** but as as soon as I get near it (trying
> to delete it) I get hit with a Blue Screen  error message and I have to hit
> a keyboard key to bring me back to my Explorer opening page .
>
> That article was a download from Google and did not give trouble in the
> past. Would Exporting to a floppy and then trying again help?
>
> Any ideas as to cause or cure? Could it be a virus?

Are you using Windows ME? It is very buggy.

This does not sounds like something which a virus might do... I guess your
best workaround is to erase the darn item which nonetheless shows you the
weaknesses of Windows. Go to the file manager (file explorer or whatever),
then to the Windows directory. I think that in ME you can still find a
directory called /Favourites under /Windows. If so, find the problematic item
and erase it. Did that work?

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com/