Re: a headache

  • To: "Harvey" <harveytobkes@bellsouth.net>
  • Subject: Re: a headache
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:58:43 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:58:46 +0000

On Thursday 10 March 2005 15:24, you wrote:
> I don't know if I can put into words the strange things that are happening
> on my computer and they are all related to Favorites.
>
>   a.. I tried to open the article from Google (which you opened normally) I
> got the Blue Error Screen.
>   b.. If I try to add a favorite to my list of Favorites, I get the Blue
> Error
>   c.. I Downloaded Mozilla, thinking the problem might be with IE. But when
> I tried to open Mozilla I got the Blue Error Screen.
>   d.. I can open Favorites stored alphabetically, but only from A to letter
> Do you think if I Uninstalled ME and Installed Windows 2000, to would cure
> the problem?

By upgrading to Windows 2000, many potential problems can be solved. Windows
ME is very buggy.

I must warn you that you need to back up your messages, documents, etc. before
undertaking this 'project'. Installation of Windows 2000 will require your
hard-drive to be formatted.

have you tried running scandisk yet? It has the potential for curing some
problems (file allocation primarily). Go to Programs -> Accessories -> System
- -> Scandisk and run a scan of your hard-drive.