Ubuntu Linux

  • To: r@schestowitz.com
  • Subject: Ubuntu Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 03:07:03 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 03:06:53 +0000
[quote="tomdeb"]Hoary is distributed with the latest
[url=http://www.linux-magazine.co.uk/]Linux Magazine[/url].

I now have been using 5.04 for 2 months and i m still amazed by its stability
even being the developpment tree.

All the advantages of Debian with a rocking community and latest bleeding edge
packages.

Definitely the one for me at the moment[/quote]

Ubuntu is excellent indeed, and has been very stable thus far. The thing I
sorely miss is KDE so I use Ubuntu only as a way of connecting to a remote
machine.

What was surprising to me is that when SSH'ing to my SuSE box, xbindkeys could
still capture keystrokes.