Re: EML conversion

  • To: Roy Schestowitz <r@schestowitz.com>
  • Subject: Re: EML conversion
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:50:13 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 01:50:27 +0100
On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:00:01 -0500
 You wrote:
> > I am having a hard time finding any tool that will
> convert .eml files
> > into
> > anything. I am preferably looking for an Eml -> HTML
> converter although
> > Eml -> TeX or Eml -> XML would do too. There ought to
> be something out
> > there, right?
> I also needed a utility to do this. Though it may not be
> appropriate
> for your needs, I did discover that Thunderbird would
> save EML emails as passable HTML. It didn't preserve the
> font information correctly, but put it in comments which
> you could convert back into <FONT> tags with a simple
> search and replace.

I actually found a solution at the end. Get a Ruby script
called eml2mbox. This converts a mass of EML files into a
single MBOX file. Then use a tool called MHonArc to convert
the MBOX files into a network of HTML files. I have got
scripts on my site which obtain from EML something like the
following:

http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2005/March_2005/

Let me know if you need further help.

Roy Schestowitz