Re: [css-d] Strange bug on Safari / Konqueror only

  • To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
  • Subject: Re: [css-d] Strange bug on Safari / Konqueror only
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 03:36:05 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 03:36:05 +0100
Quoting srt6szuko <bar@verot.net>:

Hello everybody,

I have this design for the CSS Zen Graden : http://www.verot.net/zen/
It is all working neatly in all browsers, except Safari and Konqueror.
Actually, it is working with Safari and Konqueror, but there is a very
strange bug: the boxes appear *twice* (!). The site displays fine, but
it seems that underneath the boxes, there is another instance of the
boxes, moved to the left. See a screenshot of the problem here, you''
see what I mean : http://www.verot.net/zen/zen_safari.jpg

It looks as it is a graphic display bug, rather than a CSS bug. I am no
new to CSS at all, and tried to tweak the design around (within the
imposed Zen Garden constraints) but had no luck. I hope that maybe one
of you has seen the same bug (its caracteristics are obvious) and might
have heard of a fix...

Page here : http://www.verot.net/zen/
CSS here : http://www.verot.net/zen/zen.css

Both validate.

Thanks,

C.

I cannot tell you how to fix the bug (a browser bug most likely), but I can assure you that the page is displayed nicely under an outdated version of Konqueror (3.1.1). I don't see any odd effect like the screenshot illustrates.

Try stripping off some bits of the CSS until the problem disappears. Putting
them back on one at a time will highlight the problem.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com