Re: [Rssowl-users] Re: Embedded browser in preview pane in 1.2 on Linux?

__/ On Wed 09 Nov 2005 08:29:59 GMT, [Nicola -kOoLiNuS- Losito] wrote : \__

On Mar, 8 Novembre 2005 1:22 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
I feel your pain. I suggest that another workaround is made available for
embedded browsing. On a SuSE 8.2 machine (university):

roy@BAINE:~> setenv
bash: setenv: command not found

Like it's said here:
  http://www.rssowl.org/help#item_13
the "setenv" command in mandrake which uses BASH as the default shell is
equivalent to:
export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/path/to/mozilla/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
${MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME}:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

Yes, Guenter kindly had me aware of this...

_____/ On Tue 08 Nov 2005 12:42:11 GMT, [GuenterK] wrote : \_____

Hi,
in the bash the command is simply 'set' (man bash).
Or use e.g.: 'export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/mozilla'

HTH,
guenter

Having set the paths properly, I still have a shared object issue:

Error loading internal Browser!
No more handles (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/home/roy/Main/Programs/rssowl/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3212.so: libxpcom.so: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I apologise to have lingered on with this in the mailing list. It probably
should have been posted elsewhere in SourceForge. Nevertheless, I was trying to
assimilate my situation to that of Nicola (appended in the remainder of this
message).

I did also try this and did not work, since I am a newcomer on linux, or
at least one with no so much confidence with shell settings I don't know
what else to try.

BTW, like I've said on the other mail, I'm re-installing the linux box
(new HD has just arrived) and I'll keep an eye on the paths to mozilla &
java ...

take care

Hope it contributes,