Re: In-line formulae and inter-lines spacing

  • To: lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: In-line formulae and inter-lines spacing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 07:25:54 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 07:25:55 +0000
_____/ On Fri 18 Nov 2005 17:54:59 GMT, [Paul Smith] wrote : \_____

Dear All

Sometimes, some in-line equations cause a larger inter-lines spacing
around the line where the equation is placed. Is there some way of
minimizing this undesirable side effect?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

I  know exactly what you mean, but what solution can ever be offered?  You
could  either  space up other lines accordingly (i.e. increase spacing  to
1.5  or 2), reduce the size of the fonts, avoid in-lining or, in the  case
of division, change the form of the equation.

If  the  same  line spacing was adhered to, there would be  overlap  among
text,  which is an even less desirable side-effect. By re-organising  your
sentences  and layout, you might avoid that too, e.g. put in-line equation
in  first  sentence on page or the beginning of short a paragraph. If  you
massage the text, however, it is all prone to breakage though.

I  assume  you have already seen the later thread titled  "Question  about
subscripts to limits (inline mode)".

<snip>

_____/ On Sat 19 Nov 2005 14:45:48 GMT, [Dimitris B. Kalamaras] wrote : \_____

_____/ On Sat 19 Nov 2005 17:43:49 GMT, [David Soukal] wrote : \_____

> You can also change them from the gui. Go to Edit/Math/Change Limits type...

</snip>

It different but somehow related, I believe.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    WARNING: /dev/null running out of space
 7:20am  up 17 days  3:14,  4 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.67, 0.70