Re: custom layout resources for common environments

Thanks Roy.
Sure I'll look at the examples, etc. I just didn't
want to reinvent the wheel: if people already did
create layout files for such stuff, I could happily
use them though :).

Well, to put it more precisely, what I meant was, in
fact, the rendering on the screen of the document (by
LyX, not the final output). As I said, the final
output is usually satisfactory if you can fine tune
enough your document within LyX, or directly in
exported LaTeX file.

Just to be able to explain better my point (not to
advocate or advertise any software: as i said, this
whole thing is cosmetic in nature), let me give an
example:

In the past I used Sientific Workplace writing my M.S.
thesis (and I will use, hopefully, LyX in for my PhD
thesis :). They used a similar layout dropdown box,
but it had some of the options I mentioned. For
example, if you select the Theorem environment (just
as you do when you select, say, Enumerate in LyX,
rendering automatically changed to an emphasized mode
together with a "Theorem" caption, etc. This was very
pleasant to my eyes.

If I undestand it corectly (I started to use LyX just
a few days ago, so I may be very well wrong), you can
avoid gray ERT boxes if you create custom layout
files.

My question is whether there are such custom layout
files of your own or on the web. Thank you in advance
to everyone who will be willing to share: If I manage
to obtain pretty layout files, I'll make them
available on the web. But given that I'm still a
beginner here, it may take time especially since my
weekdays are somewhat busy these days.

And, hell no, I don't mean "talking dogs" or "paper
clips" :). They are sweet though, aren't they :)?

Regards,
Nusret

http://mail.yahoo.com