Re: Lyx from the commandline, pdf creation

  • To: lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Lyx from the commandline, pdf creation
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:32:42 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:32:45 +0000
_____/ On Tue 22 Nov 2005 17:15:12 GMT, [Stephen Gross] wrote : \_____

I'm new to lyx, so please bear with me. I've got a lyx document that I want
to turn into a pdf. I know this is easy to do through the graphical
interface; is there a way to do it via the commandline? I see that there's a
'-x' option for executing a lyx command from the commandline. Can it be used
for pdf creation?

Thanks in advance,
--Steve

Although I don't know which platform you use or what software is installed, I would suggest the following:

- Open the LyX document, let us say example.lyx

- File -> Export -> LaTeX

- In the command line, type in e.g.: pdflatex example.tex

I typically generate PDF's in this way because it is verbose, flexible, and can
be conveniently integrated with LaTeX templates and styles. Moreover, I prefer
output from latex2html to lyx2html, which makes this step a necessary one.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com