Re: generating pdf files

Captain's log. We received a signal from Stephen Harris on StarDate
24/10/05 22:14. Translated to English it stated:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Roy Schestowitz" <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am not too find of PDF's for that reason. I usually make alternative
formats available, but nothing beats the looks of a PDF version.

> This quote agrees with your remark (anti-aliasing?CoolType) above:
> "The current release of Adobe Reader 7 for Linux is very much
> welcome. The ancient Acrobat Reader 5.x for linux with its ugly
> lack of font smoothing in the user interface and its dated Motif-like
> file requester dialogues was _screaming_ for an update."
>
> http://www.planetpdf.com/creative/article.asp?contentid=6503&ra 2000
>
> "One cannot escape the notion that Acrobat's display mechanisms have
> been sorely neglected during the first four major releases of the
> software."

Boy, I hated them for neglecting Linux and making that ugly Motif UI for
version 5.

Roy

- --
Roy S. Schestowitz      | LINUX - (L)ove (I)s (N)ever (U)tterly eXPensive
  5:30am  up 60 days 15:39,  4 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.15, 0.24