Re: [wp-hackers] Wordpress 1.5 downloads

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Wordpress 1.5 downloads
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 04:33:28 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 04:33:29 +0000
_____/ On Sun 01 Jan 2006 04:21:49 GMT, [Elliotte Harold] wrote : \_____

OK. After playing with WP 2.0 for a day, it felt like a significant downgrade from 1.5. There's some cool stuff, but a lot of basic functionality like decent sized editing boxes has been hidden behind flashy features. So I went looking for 1.5 again.

Umm, where is it? There seem to be no downloads on the WP site except 2.0. Surely the old versions haven't just vanished from the Web yet, have they? I'm sure there's an archive directory somewhere, but perhaps some nice person could point me at it, and perhaps someone might want to make it a little more clearly linked from the Downloads page?

http://static.wordpress.org/archive/

Considering Robert's downgrade script, previous versions ought to be made quick
to discover. Having said that, what about exploits in older versions? A "drink
you own poision" policy? Perhaps the 'risk factor' can be indicated e.g. by
putting them apart in a subdirectory?

Roy

PS - There is a nightlies collector lurking about. Additionally, sites like
oldversion.com/Web Archive might always make older versions available. There's
no escape.