Re: [man-lug]Cool keyboard !

  • To: Tassos Koutlas <me01697@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [man-lug]Cool keyboard !
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:31:18 +0000
  • Cc: man-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:32:25 +0000
_____/ On Thu 02 Feb 2006 17:33:33 GMT, [Tassos Koutlas] wrote : \_____

Simon Hobson wrote:

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

Not surprising, Windows software first, but they say they'll be doing OS X and Linux as well. Also mention of open source and SDK for it.

I can think of a LOT of fun things to do with one :-)

Simon

there was this article in The Register <http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/02/02/lebedev_oled_keypad/> today about that ... It seems really cool.

Taz

I know it adds very little, but I believe it also appeared on slashdot over a month ago. These keyboards make you think twice before sipping cof- fee over the table or even venting your anger at them.

It  is one of many attempts to re-invent the keyboard, thereby making peo-
ple  buy  clumsy flashy gadgets. They use similar strategies to drive  the
cellphone and fashion industries.

Keyboard  accelerators are already very powerful on GNOME, KDE or  X-level
(xbindkeys).  Having said that, some might fancy the idea of never  having
to  look up key bindings. They are visible atop the keyboard itself. Need-
less  to mention, few people look at the keyboard when typing and particu-
larly when playing shoot-em-up games.