Re: Symbol fonts in Mandriva 2006.

On Saturday 04 March 2006 10:03, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> First of all, I suggest you try to change interface fonts under prefences.
> If this does not help, consider more TrurType fonts, although I suspect it
> it *them* that broke things in the first place.

I guess you're right there, because I only detected this problem after I
imported TrueType fonts from the windows partition, using the automatic
importer that comes with drakconf.  I'm afraid to  simply get rid of the
TrueType fonts.  I don't have that much knowledge about fonts and from my
previous experiences Mandrake/Mandriva systems become somewhat unstable when
you fool around too much with system configuration...

The problem, however, seems to be the way lyx is handling symbol fonts for
screen display.  The fonts I choose on Edit -> Preferences -> Look and feel
-> Screen fonts seem to be only text fonts, not math or symbol fonts.  I can
find no place on the configuration to choose these fonts.

Does anyone else also think that this problem is related to the TrueType
fonts?

--
Rudi Gaelzer
Departament of Physics