Re: [wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:19:44 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:19:45 +0000
___/ On Thu 09 Mar 2006 21:45:23 GMT, [ Carthik Sharma ] wrote : \___

On 3/4/06, Robert Deaton <false.hopes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip content="feedback request">

I wish people were, on the whole, friendlier, the way they used to be, more considerate of others, more tolerant, and less prone to jumping to conclusions. I am not talking about developers, or users, or any subset of people. Just everyone, in general. For someone who helps out in his spare time, having to put up with personal comments of an evil nature, slander, indifference and having one's motives questioned isn't very nice. I have been through those things before. It slowly takes the fun out of participating, you know, and you tend to think of something as a chore. That's the point where I'd stop contributing. That point could be different for different people, but people, please be nice to each other, and more tolerant. The forums stopped being a nice place, and these days I sometimes find the tone and voice vicious over there. The #wordpress chat room wasn't as obscene, or filled with inane oneliners.

The number of people who actively contribute are far more now, and
that is really cool. May they be recognized and appreciated, so they
get encouraged to do more.

I agree with you fully, Carthik. Though I don't have a basis for comparison,
I found the forums to be full of vanity and demand. I participated heavily
for a week due to a committed I had made, but I soon realised it was not
for me. Other communities were friendlier and more inviting.

Yo, Skippy! Hang in there. Don't leave :)

I'd second that. WordPress needs you, buddy.

With kind regards,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate (Medical Biophysics)
 7:10am  up 1 day 23:47,  7 users,  load average: 0.52, 0.59, 0.65