Re: [wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

_____/ On Mon 06 Mar 2006 01:38:12 GMT, [Matt Mullenweg] wrote : \_____

David House wrote:
It's not our fault. We're not actively discriminating against women,
they're just aren't any around.

I would say that I have seen people, particularly in the IRC channel, say and act in ways that I think would discourage active female participation. However this is not behaviour specific to WP, it's more endemic to male geek communities.

I'm sure any women on this list could speak to challenges they've faced, and perhaps that would make people more sensitive in the future.

There was an highly-cited article in the Boston Globe a couple of months ago.

http://www.boston.com/news/education/higher/articles/2005/12/18/in_computer_science_a_growing_gender_gap/?page=1

,----[ Quote ]