Re: [wp-hackers] AJAX

___/ On Thu 29 Jun 2006 18:17:50 BST, [ Elliott  ] wrote : \___

On Jun 29, 2006, at 8:44 AM, Robert Deaton wrote:
Sounds like more useless Web 2.0 OMGAJAX bloat to me.

I don't understand people like this >.<

Sure, AJAX isn't *everything* people crack it up to be, but... it's
not useless, it's still pretty cool, it's worth integrating in a
tasteful measure... i jsut don't understand people who fall in with
either extreme on most subjects....

Ta muchly for the defence. I suppose that AJAX falls under these recurring debates that involve tradeoffs: feature bloat, system requirements, functionality available (portability), Openness, and backward compatibility.

In  favour  of  AJAX: more 'natural'  interfaces,  can  save
time/increase   productivity,   etc.  On  the  other   hand,
accessibility   is   compromised  (browser   features)   and
complexity of the code raised, which bad in terms of volume,
performance   and  access  to  programmers  (think   Windows
Vistaster if it helps).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 6:50pm  up 62 days 23:53,  13 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.80, 0.87