Re: [opensuse] So Long openSuSe

  • To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [opensuse] So Long openSuSe
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 08:05:03 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 08:05:18 +0000
___/ On Fri 03 Nov 2006 11:00:01 GMT, [ Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett ] wrote : \___

On Friday 03 November 2006 10:57, Anders Johansson wrote:
You're forgetting the natural reaction of people. After every announcement,
people (frequently the same people in every announcement) say they've been
using suse for 250 years, but now they are leaving for
Ubuntu/Fedora/whatever

This announcement doesn't sound like we'll start selling windows, it means
Microsoft will start selling SUSE. To me, on first reaction, that sounds
like a good thing. Surprising as hell, but good

Yeah, the annoying thing is to see more FUD coming from inside the community than from MS itself.

argh.

Duncan

So what's the interpretation of the latest news?

    Ballmer Invites Patent Talks with Competing Linux Vendors

"Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said his company is open to talking to other Linux distributors about reaching mutual patent coverage deals similar to the agreement signed Nov. 2 with Novell."

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2050848,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

Let's face it. Microsoft is turning Novell into the next SCO (according to WinE's lead dev). It's a weapon of FUD.

I would absolutely love to be proven otherwise.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
http://othellomaster.com - GPL'd 3-D Othello