Re: [opensuse] So Long openSuSe

___/ On Sat 04 Nov 2006 09:02:09 GMT, [ Marcus Meissner ] wrote : \___

<snip />

So what's the interpretation of the latest news?

    Ballmer Invites Patent Talks with Competing Linux Vendors

"Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said his company is open to talking to
other Linux distributors about reaching mutual patent coverage deals
similar to the agreement signed Nov. 2 with Novell."

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2050848,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

Let's face it. Microsoft is turning Novell into the next SCO
(according to WinE's lead dev). It's a weapon of FUD.

I would absolutely love to be proven otherwise.

Tom Wickline is _not_ Wine's lead developer. He is just "a developer". (Alexandre Julliard is the lead developer ;)

Ciao, Marcus

My bad, Marcus. Sorry about the confusion.

I'll keep Opensuse on the boxes until it all clears up a bit. I'm still very worried about the IP implications (just FUD; a bark without bite) and especially the impact on Red Hat.

If anyone was worth bonding with, it was Red Hat. Microsoft wants RH eliminated because it's unable to compete with them. Novell, on the contrary, works in tandem, mutually contributing code that benefits both sides.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
http://othellomaster.com - GPL'd 3-D Othello