Re: [wp-hackers] [Pretty OT]May I be the first to console Owen...

On 9/15/06, Owen Winkler <ringmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Owen,  I hope to see you back on wp-hackers. Your insightful
> posts are sorely missed.

Uh, ok.  :)

Yes, the server is pretty dead.  I guess the RAID card fried a bunch of
the drives that were connected to it.  I don't blame Unixshell for my
inability to restore backups I don't have, and I should have known
better than to trust only their snapshot system.  Getting the new VPS
running is another question, however.

Aha, you're on unixshell just like I am, and on the same VM. What a shame, I lost some very important things. I'm still praying they can restore at least the snapshots that I had, even though it was from long, long ago.

I'm not sure what all I have backups of, specifically the code for RedAlt. Not a lot has changed since the backup I know I have (from March), but I'm not sure what the status of the function reference is for the moment.

I've recovered the blog posts that weren't backed up from Bloglines,
where I hadn't read anything since the last backup.  All 175 posts.  :)

I'm hoping to get some things back online today and over the weekend.
Once again, use the misfortunes of someone you know to take the time to
verify the workings of your backup plan.

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts.

Owen

--Robert Deaton