Re: [wp-hackers] WordPress and GPLv3

On Dec 29, 2007 12:22 PM, David Chait <davebytes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not sure how GPL covers 'hosting providers' (wp.com, et al) come to
> think of it.

GPLv2:

"The act of running the Program is not restricted, and the output from
the Program is covered only if its contents constitute a work based on
the Program (independent of having been made by running the Program)."

GPLv3:

"To "convey" a work means any kind of propagation that enables other
parties to make or receive copies. Mere interaction with a user
through a computer network, with no transfer of a copy, is not
conveying."

These are only highlights. I recommend reading the licenses. They are
not as hard to read as most EULAs.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html

Andy