Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 10:47:24PM +0000, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 11:41:43PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > So I’m wondering, can we proactively deal with this in a way that does
> > not hurt more people, does not hurt people more, does not create a
> > thread that endlessly mix technical, social and personal issues in
> > public.
> >
> > I would love to see someone official – possibly the Debian Leader, or a
> > well-respected project member volunteering for this job – to stand up,
> > publicly state that something went wrong, and then, as a neutral
> > moderator, talks to both sides involved in the process, tries to figure
> > out what precisely happened, and eventually (though hopefully not in
> > too long) writes to an appropriate list a report on the issue,
> > including conclusions about how to prevent such a mess in the future.
>
> Thanks for the sensible suggestion. I would be happy to co-operate with any
> moderation and/or mediation.

If you really want to co-operate please rethink this:

"There is no namespace issue"[0], maybe based on this words[1].

And come in public and fix your mistake.

I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't see other way to stop this. And of
course I agree with ftp-master on thi, I wouldn't be asking you for a
retraction otherwise.

Bests,

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2015/11/msg00008.html
[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=804315#120