Re: Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 06:40:29PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
My personal feeling is to thank Daniel for all of his hard work over the
years for the probject and wish him luck with all of his future endeavors
and just leave it at that.  We'll take a fair bit of bad publicity for a
while from people not aware of the history, and then it will blow over.

+1

The people who are already pissed off for other reasons will just add this as a stick to beat us, nobody else will really care. The original tone was probably not the best, but irl already made a (reasonable IMO) apology (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=804315#155) which people can reference as necessary and encourage everyone to move on.

Mike Stone