Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

> I think you mean something more like "one earns the right to be
> treated solely according to the quality of your technical
> contributions".
>
> There's a possibly interesting (though probably not very informative)
> parallel there with the way some women in technology would like to be
> treated.

I probably shouldn't add to a thread that has maybe been running too
long already. I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here (and
it's probably better not to ask for clarifications, it would likely
just add fuel to a fire that's already big enough).

I just don't see any parallel between asking for people to be treated
courteously, fairly and professionally inside a Free / Open Source
developing project (which is what I think you refer to when you say
"some women in technology would like to be treated") and ignoring or
excusing discourteous, disrespectful or plainly rude comments that a
person might say or do based on their technical profile and
contributions (The "Dr House" effect).

I also don't know the reason for singling out women in this "wanting
to be treated professionally" stuff. I know for certain that many
males and non-binary people like to be treated courteously and fairly
too.

Greetings,
Miry