Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On 10 September 2014 14:37, Miriam Ruiz <miriam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think you mean something more like "one earns the right to be
>> treated solely according to the quality of your technical
>> contributions".
>> There's a possibly interesting (though probably not very informative)
>> parallel there with the way some women in technology would like to be
>> treated.
> I probably shouldn't add to a thread that has maybe been running too
> long already. I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here (and
> it's probably better not to ask for clarifications, it would likely
> just add fuel to a fire that's already big enough).
> I just don't see any parallel between asking for people to be treated
> courteously, [...]

Sorry, that wasn't what I was getting at. It was the "treated solely
according to your technical contributions" part -- as opposed to
either positive or negative gender-based attention. The article I was
particularly thinking of was
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/girls-and-software and the comment
"Now I find myself having to waste time talking about my gender rather
than my technology..." . (It wasn't intended as an endorsement or
criticism of those views, just a parallel that crossed my mind and
seemed interesting)

Cheers,
aj