Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

> > To take a not terribly hypothetical example; I think Debian should
> > tolerate someone who's posting Holocaust denial stuff or discussion
> > about the religious ethics of killing prostitutes on their personal
> > website, but probably should not tolerate someone bringing that into
> > Debian (by publishing it to Planet Debian or
> > people.debian.org/~whoever, say).
>
> To give a very precise answer, I think both of the above would make
> someone incompatible with Debian on a fundamental level.

Some world religions have very specific beliefs about how they should
deal with the members of other world religions, up to and including
putting them to death. Is it now our intent to preemptively bar anyone
professing a faith that includes these views?

What happened to "No Discrimination Against Persons or Groups"?

Also, I'd like to point out that confining this discussion to -private
is basically a violation of "We will not hide problems" and that the
distribution restrictions of the -private list itself is a violation
of "Debian will remain 100% free".