Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

Ron writes ("Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect"):
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 08:03:37AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Ian's original message proposed doing this specifically due to Linus's
> > statements about the FSF during the Q&A, I believe.  In other words, it
> > was about behavior in a venue that we control.
>
> It was [defence of Linus's answer]

This discussion has already clearly yielded both a consensus, and a
decision by those responsible, against taking any action against Linus
for the remarks to which I objected.  I have clearly stated that, I do
not intend to take the matter further.

Under the circumstances, reiterating a defence of Linus's statements
(about the FSF during the Debconf Q&A) is wholly unhelpful,
unconstructive, and even inflammatory.  It invites a counter-response
from me contradicting your reasons for defending Linus's statement.  I
don't want to make such a counter-response because it would certainly
be misinterpreted as reopening the original question, and simply
involve me being dogpiled by Linus's defenders.

The merits of Linus's comments in the Q&A, and the appropriate
response if any for Debian to make, have been discussed ad nauseam.
Can we please drop that part of this discussion ?

(Unless anyone is saying that I should be vilified for making the
complaint.)

Ian.