Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14 :: Respect

On 9 September 2014 17:11, Russ Allbery <rra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No.  Quite the contrary: I believe Debian did exactly that during Linus's
> Q&A, and I am quite proud of the project for doing so.

Aha. So, I think what you're saying is:

 * Debian should not sanction/punish folks for their behaviour outside
the project, no matter how wrong-headed

 * Debian /should/ promote courteous behaviour as being the expected
standard across all free software communities, by courteous and
well-put arguments

 * Debian should sanction/punish folks for their behaviour within the
project, if it doesn't meet appropriate standards of courtesy/respect

Does that sound about accurate?

Cheers,
aj

--