Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

Hi,

I think for those who did not joined DebConf and specifically the Q&A
session a link to the video seems to be helpful[1].

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 12:29:32PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Debian should make a public statement that Linus will not be welcome
> at Debian events in future.

I watched the video[1] yesterday and I had the feeling that the response
to three questions about the habit of Linus in failing to show respect
to every contributor was showing clearly that the Debian community has a
strong opinion about this.  I also had the feeling that Linus was
impressed about the repeated reaction with applause to the person
raising the critical question.

So IMHO the participants of the conference dealt honorable and clearly
to show a positive light on Debian as a community.  I personally do not
think that we should exclude Linus from future events since he would
lack responses like this.

> Also, Debian owes the FSF an apology.  That apology should be at least
> as public as the offence.

+1

> Feel free to make this complaint, including my identity, public.

+1

Kind regards

    Andreas.

[1] http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2014/debconf14/webm/QA_with_Linus_Torvalds.webm