Re: Are we machines?

Mr Michael Bibby wrote:

> It depends on how you define 'we' and 'machines' (i.e., you might, should
> you so choose, define us as 'biological machines')
>
> Mick

'Are we machine?' => q(isequal('we','machines'))

... pruning query

... resolve 'we'

.... looking up dict.org

We \We\ (w[=e]), pron.; pl. of I. [Poss. Our (our) or Ours
   (ourz); obj. Us ([u^]s). See I.] [As. w[=e]; akin to OS.
   w[=i], OFries. & LG. wi, D. wij, G. wir, Icel. v[=e]r, Sw. &
   Dan. vi, Goth. weis, Skr. vayam. [root]190.]
   The plural nominative case of the pronoun of the first
   person; the word with which a person in speaking or writing
   denotes a number or company of which he is one, as the
   subject of an action expressed by a verb.

... resolve 'machines'

...looking up dict.org

Machine \Ma*chine"\, n. [F., fr. L. machina machine, engine,
   device, trick, Gr. ?, from ? means, expedient. Cf.
   Mechanic.]
      In general, any combination of bodies so connected that
      their relative motions are constrained, and by means of
      which force and motion may be transmitted and modified, as
      a screw and its nut, or a lever arranged to turn about a
      fulcrum or a pulley about its pivot, etc.; especially, a
      construction, more or less complex, consisting of a
      combination of moving parts, or simple mechanical
      elements, as wheels, levers, cams, etc., with their
      supports and connecting framework, calculated to
      constitute a prime mover, or to receive force and motion
      from a prime mover or from another machine, and transmit,
      modify, and apply them to the production of some desired
      mechanical effect or work, as weaving by a loom, or the
      excitation of electricity by an electrical machine.

... evaluating isequal(obj1, obj2)

... Returned 'false'

... Query took 190 seconds