Surface ViewPoint

  • Subject: Surface ViewPoint
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 05:40:15 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.matlab
I am having a hard time stabilising the viewpoint when rotating around a
surface. MATLAB fits the unit cube into axes as it sees suitable. This
means that as the unit cube rotates, the viewpoint goes closer to and
farther from the surface. This looks distracting when generating a video
sequence.

I tried using VIEW and I had a go at defining a 4x4 projection matrix.
Nothing seems to work. I looked up ZOOM but it only works in the 2-D case.
There is no ZOOM3. Can someone please help?

TIA

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com