Re: Surface ViewPoint

  • Subject: Re: Surface ViewPoint
  • From: John D'Errico <woodchips@rochester.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:31:29 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.matlab
In article <cmcfch$q2b$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>,
 Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> I am having a hard time stabilising the viewpoint when rotating around a
> surface. MATLAB fits the unit cube into axes as it sees suitable. This
> means that as the unit cube rotates, the viewpoint goes closer to and
> farther from the surface. This looks distracting when generating a video
> sequence.
>
> I tried using VIEW and I had a go at defining a 4x4 projection matrix.
> Nothing seems to work. I looked up ZOOM but it only works in the 2-D case.
> There is no ZOOM3. Can someone please help?

 help axis

(snip)

    AXIS VIS3D  freezes aspect ratio properties to enable rotation of
        3-D objects and overrides stretch-to-fill.

John

--
There are no questions "?" about my real address.

The best material model of a cat is another, or
preferably the same, cat.
A. Rosenblueth, Philosophy of Science, 1945