Re: Palm Os versus Pocket PC

  • Subject: Re: Palm Os versus Pocket PC
  • From: "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:06:00 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
"Zombie Elvis" <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-robertocastillo@ameritech.net> wrote in
message
SNIP

> Other than that one big ace in the hole, PocketPCs don't have many
> advantages. They're getting smaller but the smallest Palms are smaller
> than the smallest PocketPCs. There are models with huge, beautiful VGA
> screens but they cost much more than even the most expensive Palms and
> most PocketPCs still come with 320x240 screens -- giving you 25% fewer
> pixels than the typical modern Palm which costs less than $200
> American. And if you want a PDA/cell phone, no Microsoft solution can
> match the Treo 600.

Most Palms with 320x320 screens cost more than $200. The TE is the only one
that I know of that is under $200 at $199. Also, the smallest Palm units are
the Zire 31 and 21 at 4.4 x 2.9 x .6 where as the HP 4155 is 4.47 x 2.78 x
.5, a very tiny bit smaller.

As for Treo, I think there are some Win CE phones out that are very close if
not better than the Treo 600 and even the 650. My associate has a new
Motoroal smartphone that is much more compact than the Treo, has decently
sized number buttons and overall is a nice unit.

I am a Palm user and fan, but I feel that Palm is loosing ground to PPC and
Win CE smart phones.

TC