Re: Question about frames

  • Subject: Re: Question about frames
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 04:06:30 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Miss Jacky wrote:

> Hi. I am starting up a new web site and need some advice. I was
> wondering if you guys could tell me how I would be able to have frames.
> There's only two sections (25% and 75%)I already have the frames up. The
> left side is a short note thanking the visitor for coming. The right
> side has links to whatever I linked to. The problem I'm having is that
> everytime I click 'home' to go back to index.html, an extra frame pops
> up (the stuff that was previewed originally on the left). I was
> wondering how I could fix this problem. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated! Thanks.

You could (/should) assign names your frames and then use the target
attribute in links, e.g. <a href="mypage.htm" target="body">. For the main
page you might want to try target="_top".

However, please _avoid_ frames. See the thread from 3:38 on November 15th.

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com