Re: Palm Os versus Pocket PC

  • Subject: Re: Palm Os versus Pocket PC
  • From: "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 04:35:14 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
"Bryan Anderson" <usenet@bryananderson.co.uk> wrote in message
news:omt4q0la2hi2gbmsi7fkqvohnchmh9ueu7@4ax.com...
> On Monday, Guy Bannis wrote:
>
>> But that continual sync is only possible if you remember
>> to keep the device in its cradle.
>
> Or connected via Bluetooth. I'm not putting down the Palm
> sync system, it's just havng to press that button *is* one
> more thing have to do. I always have the Palm (and the iPAQ
> when I had one) in the cradle when at the PC anyway, so the
> continual sync worked well for me.

I can seem some advantage to the continuous sync but isn't there a possible
disadvantage too? What if you are constantly changing appointments around on
the PC? Would that create any issues? I know in my business life
appointments get made and changed often, sometimes within minutes or even
seconds. It would seem to me to generate many more synch events if it was
continuous. Maybe it's not a big deal?

TC

SNIP