Re: gui panel visiblity in linux

naomi cooper wrote:

> Hi
> If I have a panel with child buttons eg edit text etc, why doesn't
> the visibility of the panel control that of the child - ie, why can i
> see the child buttons but not the panel itself (panel visibility set
> to 'off')? This is fine in windows but random in linux - and mostly
> not working. Is there another setting i need?

It's hard to believe you'll get an answer for this because it's the Java VM
that does all the user interface 'stuff'.  Since Java code is determined at
run-time (probably an imprecise statement to suggest), it is hard to
imagine that you should encounter platform differences.

Having said that, I must complain that when I infrequently run my code under
Window$, the placement of items is horribly different to that of Linux.
Where is standardisation?

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com