Re: Converting Palm *.dat files to text.

Antonio & Joanne Benci wrote:

> I use the SMS app which came with my Zire71 quite often for business. I
> also need to archive the SMS files for legal reasons. Is there an app
> which I can use to extract the individual text messages from the sms.dat
> file and then save them as standard txt files on a PC. The sms.dat file
> is archived onto the PC during a HotSynch so access is not a problem.

What is the format of the file? What does it look like? I suggest you look
at the site of that SMS application. If the format of the data file is
simple, then you might be able to re-use a different type of converter.
See:

http://dataconv.org/apps_addresses.html

--
Roy Schestowitz