Schestowitz.com Home

Re: extending screen to 2nd monitor

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> I know that under Window$ 98 this won't work. With a primary screen
> that is the external monitor, there is only one real output. I am
> doubtful that this would be different under other platforms.

That simply isn't true. It's completely dependent on whether or not the
laptop's video card supports an extended desktop, e.g. showing differing
windows on separate displays, as well as on the OS.

There are many models of Thinkpads (as well as other laptops) that can
natively extend the desktop under W98. Support for this feature was dropped
under W2K and then reinstated under XP, go figure.

I gave presentations for years with my venerable Thinkpad 600E with my notes
on the laptop's display and my Powerpoint presentation on my external
projector under W98 with no problems.

--
Regards,

James