Schestowitz.com Home

Re: Issues with cookies & ebay

  • Subject: Re: Issues with cookies & ebay
  • From: "logized" <no-one@nowhere.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:34:00 +0000 (UTC)
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
"Paul D" <paul@paulster.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
clgf20$2ve$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk">news:clgf20$2ve$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> My newly built comp running XP, SP2 & IE6 won't sign into ebay - brings up
> a page telling me i need to enable cookies. Have played about with the
> settings & still no joy. I can sign into my hotmail account no problem so
> I'm thinking it's something to do with ebay, or IE6 not liking ebay. Never
> had (& still not having) any problems with ebay on my old comp running XP,
> no service pack & IE5.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ta

IE6 gained some security features with SP2 and other people have complained
of similar problems with login to eBay (see google).
I don't know a definite solution - if you have already tried clearing
cookies and temporary internet files then you could try in IE select "Tools"
"Internet options" then "Privacy" then "Sites"
Check that there is not already an entry for ebay.co.uk to block cookies -
if there is, then remove it or try adding the site and click on "allow" to
always allow cookies.
Otherwise, you could try using a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox.

Dave