Re: Clipboard Size/Limit

  • Subject: Re: Clipboard Size/Limit
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 01:57:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Scorp123 wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 05:13:30 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> For over a year I have had a problem that sometimes makes me lose my
>> nerves and later might not come up. I am talking about the clipboard
>> under SuSE 8.2 in this particular case. I sometimes need to copy and
>> paste large portions of text (typically 200-500 lines).
>
> What applications are involved in your copy & paste operations? It might
> be their fault. Why not "save as ..." the file you need lines from in
> another place, and then edit the unneeded parts away?
>
> Regards,

It is hard for me to recall all the times this has happened. However, most
often (if not always), I copy the text from an editbox in Firefox (maybe
old Mozilla as well). I think you are right and I was too hasty in blaming
the layer below.

If the browsers are the cause, I might have no choice but to copy smaller
chunks, which reminds me of how disturbing Palm OS clipboard is. What
confused me is that after many attempts this actually worked. I have no
explanation...

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com